Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Let's do it...It's go time!"

So I woke up this morning and I looked at Mandy and I said "I have an idea." She said "What?" very skeptically. I said "Let's go to Israel." She liked that idea. That's right folks the day has finally arrived. I can't believe it. But we leave tonight.
There are striking differences and similarities between my emotions today and my emotions of 5 years ago, when I woke up on a morning not too unlike this ready to set off for Israel. I think the most noticeable difference for me is that back then I had no mental pictures. I had no idea what the Land looked like. Now I do. I know where we're going and know why we're going. I thank God for His call on our lives and His constant leading and guiding. I thank all of you who are making this possible. I have been completely humbled by the outpouring of love and support we have recieved from all of you.
I hope you will join me in thinking of today as "D-Day." If it helps you can think of it as D-Day we leave for Israel. You can think of it as "Doug and Mandy Day." But I like the analogy of D-Day because it is the symbol of hope and perseverance, where the invasion on a single beach head spread throughout Europe to topple Evil. Like Dave Roberts stealing a single base in Game 4 against the Yankees in 2004. What we learned on D-Day and on that cold October day is never doubt any move, no matter how small, has the ability to change the course of history. Today is D-Day. Bethlehem is our Normandy. Game on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home