Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas in Fitchburg

I think one of the hardest transitions to returning home this year will be Christmas. Isn’t that strange? We talked about how difficult it was to be away from home & family while we were in Bethlehem. And now that we’re home, Mandy & I are enjoying those things immensely. But I have to admit there’s something missing this year. We’re back to singing songs about Bethlehem. We used to sing songs in Bethlehem and that had special meaning all its own. I’m sure part of me is just looking back with rose colored glasses but there is something truly amazing about standing in the Shepherd’s fields on Christmas Eve. Thankfully as was already made abundantly clear on Thanksgiving there is absolutely nothing that can take the place of family, not even Bethlehem itself. And hey, there’s a “Living Nativity this weekend in the next town over. At least we can take a ride over and critique how accurate it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home