Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Prayer Request Update

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for Miss Grace's sister. It almost 10:00 Wednesday night here in Beit Jala and we're both so exhausted. I don't think I'll write much tonight. I did however want to update you on this situation. Miss Grace's sister (whose name is Nuha) went up to Haddasah Hospital in Jerusalem on Monday for surgery to remove a brain tumor. The surgery was successful in removing the brain tumor and the doctor was very pleased with the results. As with all cancer I'm sure there will be future tests and doctor's appointments etc. but this is definately a big praise. Miss Grace was out on Monday to be with her sister and when she returned on Tuesday I wish you could have all seen the Joy on her face. She's such a dear, wonderful and I don't think we realized quite how much this had weighing on her until we saw her on Tuesday so full of laughter and sheer joy after the successful surgery.

Please keep Mandy and I in your prayers. The kids here are so different from American kids in so many ways. At heart, kids everywhere are still kids. But these ones sure do seem to require a person to have extra measure of God's strength to be able engage them in a classroom situation. We love you all and we deeply appreciate your prayers. God is listening! Keep it up! :-)

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger Joel Swagman said...

Mandy, Doug, good to see you guys are up and blogging. With all that was happening in August, I was wondering if you were still going, but it's good to see you're settling in well. I'll remember to keep you in my prayers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home